Sunday, March 06, 2005

...Poker in the Rear

...was the subject line of a sign in a bar I used to go to a lot in Pioneer Square in Seattle when I lived there. It dated back to the turn of the century, and hung above the old Poker Room (which was now a shot bar).

Welcome to my blog. I started this blog after a long rant yesterday to a friend of mine that generally went something like: 'What's with all this blogging? Who the hell has the time to sit down and write all this content? I've got a job, 2 young kids, a house that always needs something picked up/cleaned up/fixed, and no time.'

Well, later than night I was sitting in my chair, the kids in bed, the wife asleep on the couch, and my laptop in front of me while I watched 'Man on Fire' (on demand cable is really sweet - almost as good as my Tivo) and surfed on my laptop. I was playing a little half-hearted $5 heads-up SnG on Ultimate Bet, and trying to think up something interesting to look up online. I'd already covered my three favorite topics (cars, real estate, and poker), and was just futzing around. So then I thought, "I'm just sitting here on my ass, not winning much $$, and not doing anything else really useful. I could actually do something creative like writing."

I'm not sure at this point what I might actually have to write about, but poker is something that has held my interest for the last 18 months, and has an active blogger community, so I'll try to tie this to poker for the most part. I promise to not just post hand histories, and certainly can't claim to be making a living playing online poker, but hopefully will have something vaguely interesting to say occasionally. I guess we'll see.

If anyone find this bottle in the ocean let me know about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6781704